Today’s #blogtober14 post is about your dream vacation. Well, I don’t know that I can define my dream vacation, but I can let you in on a little secret (which is really not a secret if you clicked on the title of this blog post already). I think it goes something like this…
The scene: I’ve just won the gold medal in the new interpretive dancing category of the Summer Olympics.
News reporter lady: Jamie, you just won the gold medal for your amazing performance. Besides the fact that you were already offered a job to teach Beyonce how to improve her dance moves, what are you going to do next?
Me…looking into camera: Well Beyonce is just going to have to wait, because I’M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!
So yes, my dreamy vacation to Disney World will be coming true in the next couple months. Jake and I are headed there to celebrate our first five-year milestone of being married together. Five years, woohoo! Anyway, we made a pact that we would go on a big vacation every time we hit a five-year milestone. We’re going in January, we’ll be in Orlando for two days (both days at Disney World) and then we’re heading to Tampa for two days to see some friends.
I. Am. PUMPED.
Top 4 reasons why I’m pumped to go Disney World.
- Newbie alert: First and foremost, I’ve NEVER BEEN THERE. Okay, that one time when I did a triathlon on the grounds for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, but I never actually got to enjoy Disney World. So that’s reason number 1 why I’m pumped.
- Complete and utter focus on all things Disney. Most of you might assume we’re bringing Jackson because why wouldn’t you bring your kid here? Ummm. A very good reason. This is our vacation to celebrate us and we don’t want to spoil it by catering to a toddler’s every whim in an insanely large amusement park. He can go next year. Or when he’s five. I promise he’ll get there.
- See ya later, bitter January cold: Not only are we going there in January to have some relief from our harsh Midwestern winters, but we’re also going at the least busiest time of year for Disney World. Score!
- Disney Princesses. Need I say more? Ugh. Obsessed.
What have we done so far?
- Booked the flight and hotel in Orlando.
- Told our friends in Tampa that we’re crashing with them. Thanks guys!!!
- Jake created a kick-butt itinerary and even included all the best food options for me to choose from (cause Character dining needs about 180 day in advance reservation. Yes, it’s ridiculous, but it’s Disney. I’ll play by their rules!)
- Started reading through all of those articles on Pintrest from all the best traveling alums.
Still a lot of planning to do, but it will no doubt be amazing. So that’s what’s top of mind for me in terms of my dream vacation. What’s on your agenda? Or, just pretend – where would you go on a dream vacation?
May all your wishes come true!