What gets under your skin?
My pet peeves:
- Long, dirty boy fingernails (eww!)
- Wisconsinites complaining about mild weather. If you live in this great state, you cannot complain about 40 degree, rainy weather. In a few months it will be a bone-chilling negative 20 degrees and we’ll be looking at grey mounds of snow for 17 weeks. Enjoy the rain!
- People who assume all runners are thin.
- People who are jerks.
- The word Bunsen burner (again, eww!)
Honestly, I love to love and I hate to hate. I don’t like spinning my wheels to come up with things I don’t like about the world. Pet peeves are weird. It’s interesting, maybe, to read about those things that annoy us but at the end of the day (and it is that time!), I’d rather share things that made me smile today. Enjoy!
- Monica Lewinsky’s fourth public speech, ever.
- My coworkers loved my homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. I made them last night and tonight Dan and I are eyeing up the last treat.
- How the world works. I’ve been searching for information about the idea of “impostor syndrome.” Today one of my favorite bloggers wrote a beautiful piece about the subject. It’s like when you learn a new word and the next day that word organically pops up in conversation. Is there a name for that phenomenon?
Happy Wednesday all! Do yourself and your coworkers a favor, make those Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. You’ll be happy and soon, it will be Friday.